Comprehensive dental exams & cleanings in Petaluma, CA
With today’s hectic schedules, it can be easy to delay your routine trip to the dentist, especially if you are not suffering from pain or other obvious dental issues. However, it is vital for your oral health to visit the dentist for comprehensive dental exams & cleanings. The American Dental Association recommends that patients of all ages visit their dentist regularly, at intervals decided upon with their dentist based on their specific oral health needs. At North Bay Smiles, we provide routine oral hygiene visits for patients in the Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Cotati, Santa Rosa, Novato, and surrounding CA communities that are designed around their specific oral health needs.
Comprehensive dental exams
A comprehensive dental exam enables Dr. Yvonne Szyperski to detect any oral health issues early on when they are less costly and easier to treat. She also uses this time to monitor any previously identified issues and ensure they have not progressed, and talks with you about any symptoms or concerns you may have. During your comprehensive exam, we:
- Perform a visual inspection of your teeth, gums, other soft tissues, and restorations to ensure that they all look healthy and there are no signs of decay or disease
- Take x-rays to visualize the portions of your teeth and bone that are not visible to the naked eye
- Perform oral cancer screening, evaluating the face, lips, neck, tongue, throat, and gums for any potential signs of oral cancer
Professional teeth cleaning
Diligent oral hygiene is the best way to prevent cavities, gum disease, bone loss, and a variety of other oral health problems. Great oral hygiene starts at home with brushing twice per day and flossing daily, but professional teeth cleanings are equally important in fending off disease. During your cleaning, one of our dental hygienists will:
- Gently remove any built-up plaque and tartar from your teeth; once tartar has formed, it cannot be removed by brushing alone and provides a breeding ground for disease-causing bacteria to multiply, so tartar removal at the dentist is essential for a healthy smile
- Polish your teeth with a gritty toothpaste to remove surface stains from teeth and provide a smooth, shiny surface that bacteria and plaque are less likely to cling to
- After scaling and polishing your teeth, we will floss your teeth to remove any leftover debris for a clean and fresh smile
To schedule a dental exam & cleaning for you or a member of your family, call North Bay Smiles in Petaluma, CA today! Our office can be reached at (707) 306-8001.