Care for dental emergencies when you need it in Petaluma, CA
With good daily oral hygiene and regular preventive care visits to the dentist, you can avoid many dental problems. However, despite our best efforts, sometimes issues such as accidents, injuries, infections, and other types of dental emergencies can occur – and they can unfortunately strike when they are least expected. Having a dentist you trust when you need urgent dental care can take away some of the stress from an already painful situation. That’s why Dr. Yvonne Szyperski and the team at North Bay Smiles provide emergency dental care to patients in Petaluma, CA, as well as Rohnert Park, Cotati, Santa Rosa, Novato, and surrounding areas.
What constitutes a dental emergency?
Many patients hesitate to call when they are experiencing a dental issue because they aren’t sure if their problem is a true emergency. At North Bay Smiles, we encourage you to call at the earliest hint of a dental problem because it can often make a big difference in how extensive your treatment plan is – waiting too long can exacerbate problems, possibly leading to further decay, infection, and even tooth loss.
Some of the common types of dental emergencies that we treat include, among others:
- Abscess or infection – What starts out as a minor infection can quickly grow into a major issue if it is left untreated. Depending on the source of the infection, treatments such as root canal therapy may be the best way to save your natural tooth from an emergency tooth extraction.
- Unexplained tooth pain or facial swelling – Dental pain can arise seemingly out of nowhere. If you are experiencing tooth pain or facial swelling, we can identify the root cause and provide appropriate treatment to get you out of pain and back to your normal life as quickly as possible.
- Knocked out tooth – Did you know that if your tooth gets knocked out, it is often possible to save it? Getting timely treatment and carefully preserving your tooth until you can see the dentist are crucial; we can give you advice over the phone when you call on the best way to keep your tooth until you can see us.
- Broken, loose, or lost dental restoration – Dental restorations such as crowns and bridges are meant to last for many years, but they do eventually wear out. If an old restoration becomes loose, breaks, or comes out completely, give us a call as soon as possible so we can provide you with a new restoration to protect and restore the function in the tooth.
- Broken or chipped teeth – Sometimes a tooth can chip or break doing something as innocuous as eating an apple! If this occurs, we can give you information on what to do until you are able to come in to the office to have the tooth repaired.
Your oral health is important and emergency dental care should not wait when you need it! At North Bay Smiles, we are here to help get you out of pain and back to your daily routine with gentle, effective emergency care. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, call us in Petaluma, CA at (707) 306-8001.