Residents of Petaluma, California care about their smiles. Equally important, people want to protect their natural teeth and help their family members have healthy teeth and gums.
Dental sealants can add a layer of protection to your teeth, keeping them as healthy as possible. When sealant is applied to your child’s teeth at North Bay Smiles, tooth decay development in molars is reduced by up to 80%.
What Are Dental Sealants?
Molars are loaded at the back of the mouth, with grooves on the top for effective chewing. In these grooves, plaque, and tartar can build up, and the contours can trap food particles. This creates the perfect environment for oral bacteria to multiply. When bacteria multiply, acid is produced that can form holes in the enamel, eventually turning into cavities.
At your dentist’s office, dental sealant is applied to your teeth after the teeth are cleaned. With dental sealants, you’ll be in and out of the dentist’s office in just one session. The process takes just a few minutes.
The dental sealant is made from BPA-safe plastic and is transparent. The thin liquid flows into the pits and tiny fissures to bond with dental enamel and dry. Your dentist will use a blue spectrum light to harden the dental sealant.
The Benefits of Teeth Sealants
There are many benefits to choosing dental sealants:
- Sealants are more affordable than fixing cavities
- Teeth that are sealed are less likely to develop a cavity, reducing the risk of toothaches
- Both adults and children can reap the benefits of dental sealants
- Dental sealants will stay in place for as long as five years
- Most dental insurance plans cover dental sealants
- Every year, your dentist will evaluate your sealants when you go in for check-ups or procedures
- Dental sealants are an excellent return on investment because you have healthy teeth at an affordable price
Teeth Sealants for Adults Near Me
Are you interested in learning more about teeth sealants for you and your family?
Dr. Yvonne Szyperski and the team at North Bay Smiles in Petaluma are here to help you achieve your healthiest teeth and gums. Call us at (707) 306-8001 or request an appointment online today.
Share this Article
Back to Dental Sealants Page