Who doesn’t love having a beautiful, youthful smile? People in Petaluma, California, and worldwide want to have the best smile possible.
Your smile and confidence are affected when you’re missing one or more teeth. However, other health issues can also occur if you have a missing tooth. Your other teeth will start shifting, and chewing becomes ineffective.
At North Bay Smiles, dental bridges can replace missing teeth and restore your naturally beautiful smile. Read on to learn more about dental bridges.
What is a Dental Bridge?
Dental bridges are permanent dental appliances that can replace missing teeth. Bridges are made with several pieces fused together to replace one or more missing teeth. The bridge fills the spaces left by missing teeth.
Dental bridges need healthy teeth to connect with because the healthy teeth (or dental implants) will anchor the bridge in place. Anchoring teeth must be crowned so that they can support the bridge for a long time.
If your surrounding teeth aren’t healthy, your dentist may recommend options such as dental implants so that you have firm anchors to hold your bridge.
Types of Dental Bridges
There are three main types of dental bridges:
- Bonded dental bridges: These bridges are sometimes used to replace missing front teeth
- Traditional fixed bridges: Traditional dental bridges can replace teeth in the rest of your mouth where teeth are missing
- Implant-supported bridges: An emerging option for supporting bridges is to get a dental implant. Implants are capped with a natural-looking cover (cap)
The Benefits of Dental Bridges
With dental bridges, you can restore your gorgeous smile. However, there are other benefits to getting dental bridges, including the following:
- You’ll be able to speak more clearly
- Chewing becomes more comfortable and efficient
- Your facial structure will be restored and maintained
- Bridges can help reduce bone loss in the jaw
- The rest of your teeth won’t become crooked or misaligned
Teeth Bridges Services Near Me
Are you ready to learn more about options for dental bridges?
Dr. Yvonne Szyperski and the team at North Bay Smiles in Petaluma are here to help you achieve your healthiest teeth and gums. Call us at (707) 306-8001 or request an appointment online today.
Share this Article
Back to Crowns and Bridges Page