If you live in Petaluma, California, you will be pleased to know that you can do even more to protect your teeth. You’re probably already practicing good oral hygiene, but with dental sealants, your teeth have an added layer of protection.
Dental work can be painful and costly. Let’s learn more about the benefits of dental sealants and how they can save you time and money, in addition to keeping your teeth in their best shape.
The Benefits of Dental Sealants Petaluma California
Many things can cause dental problems, including tooth decay, disease, and infections. With dental sealants, the vulnerable surfaces of the teeth are protected from food and plaque getting stuck there.
Here are some of the benefits of dental sealants.
- Dental sealant is more affordable than cavity repair.
- Both children and adults can benefit from dental sealants.
- If your teeth are sealed, you’re less likely to get a cavity or a toothache.
- Dental sealants will remain in place for up to five years.
- Your dentist will evaluate your dental sealant every time you go for a checkup or other dental procedures.
- Most dental insurance programs cover dental sealants.
- Dental sealants are affordable and offer a lot of return for your investment (healthier teeth).
Learn More About Dental Sealants
Dental sealants are applied quickly and painlessly during one session. In just a couple of minutes, your sealants will be in place.
Here is the process for getting dental sealant.
- First, the dentist cleans and dries your molar surfaces.
- Mild etching gel is applied to the tooth to ensure good adhesion.
- The dental team rinses the gel, then dries your teeth again.
- The sealant is applied to the tooth.
- The dental team will use a blue spectrum light to harden the sealant to help it bond.
The fact is, it can cost more to repair just one cavity than it costs to have dental sealant treatment.
Your Options for Dental Sealants in Petaluma, California
Get in touch with Dr. Yvonne Szyperski and the team at North Bay Smiles in Petaluma, California, for more information about how dental sealants can benefit you and your children. Call us at (707) 306-8001 today or request an appointment online.
Share this Article
Back to Dental Sealants Page